YAY the terrible twos are almost over, but three starts with a T, too and our kids do things right. Today Adam has torn up a head of lettuce, written on the floor with a Sharpie and squeezed lots of Clorox wipe juice onto said floor. This has actually been a calm day. The lettuce happened while I was playing piano, so....my bad. The Sharpie incident happened while I was checking my email, again........my bad. The squeezing happend while I was cleaning up the markings (it was tile and Clorox wipes followed by magic erasers actually do a great job on permanent marker immediately after the event). Anyway, he is adorable sometimes, so it balances out. Well, I don't actually think it balances but he is still adorable.
Cute story about Jeremy: his teacher had to write me about how much he reads in class. She hated to discourage reading in any form or fashion but Jeremy reads so much that he does not pay attention when she is trying to teach and when he is supposed to be doing work. Mama's boy! We talked to him about how great it was that he reads so much but there is a need for respect in the classroom; basically don't read if you are supposed to be doing something else. Can't really be upset about that, though!
I had a homeschooling breakthrough with Meredith today. She completed 3 math worksheets in under 5 minutes with 100% accuracy and NO BACKWARDS NUMBERS!!!! She has always had this problem writing numbers backwards but not any of her letters so none of her teachers have really thought 'dyslexia' but now that she is 8, if she doesn't continue to show improvement pretty soon, we will probably have her tested. I made a pretty big deal of it and she was really excited about such an accomplishment. It re-motivated my homeschooling desires, because truthfully, it can get old fast.
Job News: we are starting to get callbacks now. We've had 3 in the last week and 1 was from a job that he applied for over 6 weeks ago. I guess it really is just a patience building endeavor. We got excited about a possibility in Pensacola, which would mean that we didn't have to move (not that we care, but moving is not really fun) but we still haven't heard back since the phone interview. At least it's not a 'no' yet! Anyway, we are so grateful to all of you for your prayers. My prayers were specifically that Jesse would find temporary work that would allow us to remain in our house without having to move back in with parents and that has happened; now I just need to exercise my faith and pray for the job that will enable our financial security.
The picture at the top is of Jesse in his WinnDixie uniform. He put this on his facebook page with the caption, "Dreaming of the day I can make $7.42/hour." This afternoon when he was leaving for work he kissed me bye and told that now I can know what it's like to kiss a grocery boy. He is pretty much hilarious; I think that we both need the humor right now!
1 comment:
Y'all are so perfect together. I'm glad you're able to laugh through your trials.
Post a Comment