Well, I guess I'm giving in to the fad or something like that. Actually, I like this way of keeping in touch with everybody because now all of you (my friends and family) can see what we're up to way more than just every 3 months.
The most important news lately is the birth of our fourth and final (unfortunately) child, Adam. I am SO glad to have him here. This pregnancy was really rough on me; it seemed that every time I went to the doctor I got more bad news. However, I'm happy to report that everything is great now that the pregnancy is over. My blood pressure was totally high right before surgery and then just one hour after delivery it was normal again, along with my blood sugar. Amazing, huh? We are not really too broken up about being done having kids because when it's out of your control, it's like it was meant to be or something. Anyway, you all know that 4 Lawrence kids is like a normal person's 8. I'm glad to be myself again because since we just moved, I feel like the people in our new place don't really know me yet!! We love it here. Living on an Indian reservation is way different than the South. WAY different. We have found the people to be very nice, reserved and respectful. I love it that my kids are getting to grow up around this culture. White people are definitely in the minority here. A lot of Jesse's classes have only Navajo kids and Jeremy's and Meredith's classes are the same. Bottom line is, though, we all love it here which makes it easier to adjust because we just moved from the most awesome place in the world!!
I'm going to try to post some pics, so be patient with me as I learn how to do stuff. It takes me forever to do stuff online because the only Internet service available in this tiny place in the middle of nowhere is dial-up. That's right--even the richest people in town have to have dial-up. Like I said, middle of nowhere.
3 comments:
Love your blog. Your baby boy is adorable!!! Cool Christmas tree. Glad you're blogging!
Jen
hey katie, the blog is great! i love the tree! was that jesse's idea? i am also sorry about the mary kay stuff. i will send that out to you tomorrow... things kinda got away from me. i'm sure you probably have it already but check out our blog www.holley-family.blogspot.com
take care! we miss you!
Hey, Katie! Glad you started a blog! That's so cool that you guys are living on a reservation! I have a really good Navajo friend from a NM reservation..maybe she's even from that one..any way, just got to steer clear if anyone invites you to any peyote! lol. Congrats on the new baby boy.
--Jennifer Morris
Post a Comment