Sunday, February 24, 2008

tagging responses

Well, I've been tagged two times, so bear with me as I answer both of them at once.

10 years ago, I was 21, had been married for 2 years, was trying to have kids, and was a junior with a music major and child development minor at the University of Alabama. I later switched my major to my minor and vice versa. I don't remember where I worked at the time.

My To Do List:
survive until I start getting a full night's sleep
finish my New Testament study (that I was supposed to have finished by the end of 2007)
finish Jesus the Christ (that I was also supposed to have finished by the end of 2007)
start exercising again so I can lose 35 pounds
teach Jeremy and Meredith piano lessons
get through Zelda Twilight Princess and replay Ocarina of Time
start running
keep a clean house
figure out how to convince Sam to behave in Primary
finish sewing the quilts for the kids' beds
finish sewing Meredith's dress and also start her Easter dress
I think that's enough for the next few months, huh?

3 bad habits:
1. not being patient enough with my kids
2. not making my kids clean up after themselves
3. letting Sam watch 2 movies a day at least while I catch up on sleep I didn't get the night before

3 places I have lived:
1. Alabama
2. New Mexico
3. OK, I've only lived in two places!

If I had a billion dollars I would
1. pay off all of our debt and our families' as well
2. buy everyone in our family a house who didn't have one; and my friends as well
3. adopt more children
4. make sure my kids were taken care of for missions, college and weddings
5. buy Jesse a Wii, Metroid Corruption, and Journal of Discourses
6. but Jeremy a Nintendo DS and Zelda Phantom Hourglass
7. start playing World of Warcraft, totally don't laugh at me!
8. lots of other things, but I need to go clean my kitchen

5 jobs I have had:
1. Wal-Mart cashier
2. newspaper delivery
3. office worker
4. piano teacher
5. credit union teller

5 things people don't know about me:
1. I'm really not very patient and laid back like everyone thinks I am; I am just really good at hiding it
2. I'm really getting into video games
3. I don't like to drive; I just like to look out of the window, even at boring stuff
4. I wish that I was really knowledgeable about fashion and beauty stuff; I feel like Mrs. Frumpity Frump
5. Guns-N-Roses is my favorite music group; I so wish I could play guitar just like Slash

I don't know who to tag, everyone whose blogs I read have already been tagged.


My next tag: 10 things about me or goals; this will be kind a repeat of my last tag

1. I really love New Mexico; it feels like home to me even though we've only been here a short while. I do miss Alabama and I can't wait to go back and visit, but I knew when Jesse got this job offer that this was the place for us to be.
2. I have a goal to pay off our move debt and our van in approximately 18 months from now. Since we've only had our van for 18 months, and since Jesse makes a high school teacher's salary, I think that will be quite an accomplishment.
3. Because I have goal #2, I don't have a dishwasher and I have 4 kids! That's right, our house didn't come with a dishwasher and nothing extra until I have reached my goal.
4. I love it when the kids don't have school and we can all sleep in and they come and snuggle in the bed with us.
5. I love to scrapbook even though I never get to do it.
6. Since working on goal #2, I can't enjoy eating out anymore because I can only focus on how many groceries I could have bought with that money.
7. I'm really starting to get into video games. Of course, we borrow and trade with a neighbor to try new things.
8. I've decided lately that I want to get my Master's in Library Science and be a school librarian when my kids are older.
9. I like to talk on the phone now that I live in Ruraltown, USA and I only leave the house once a week for groceries and errands and once a week for church. (So call me if you have free long distance!)
10. We have to have a PO Box because there is no local delivery; everyone in our town has a PO Box. SMALL TOWN!!!!!!!! It's great.

Like I said before, I can't tag anyone; everyone has already been tagged. Sorry.

2 comments:

mcamp said...

Hey Katy! I found your blog through caroline. I heard you guys moved. I love blogging. It at least keeps people informed of things.

I hope things are good.

Kim Campbell

Laura said...

Hi Katy,

You can tag me. I hadn't heard of it until I saw it on your site.

Laura Haines