Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Adam at 4 months



This is Adam at four months. Isn't he so cute? He was smiling pretty good for me after our walk the other day so I decided to snap some pics for my blog friends! I don't know if you can click on a pic to make it larger or not, but you can see the red in his hair if you're up close. I never sent out a Christmas newsletter about Adam's birth, so here are some of the highlights. I was scheduled for a C-section on 12-19, which was during the last week of school. I had to have him in Albuquerque because of some complications; they are the closest place to deal in high-risk pregnancies. Somewhere about 7 months along, we felt that this was going to be our last kid and sure enough, he is. I really tried to enjoy this pregnancy but it was hard because it was just frankly rough and miserable. Of course it's worth it, I mean look at that adorable face up there!!! The C-section went very well, and I wasn't at all scared because I was so sick I was just ready to have the baby out. When I heard him cry the first time, I cried too and I admit that part of that crying on my part was due to joy that it was over. He was so lucky to only have some minor breathing problems and he had to be in NICU for 2 days. Now, I've never had a baby to go there, and so when they came to take him, I was like,"What, you're taking my baby?" And of course I cried really hard. However, he did give us a couple of breathing scares so I really was OK with it; just emotional and all. We stayed for 4 days in the hospital and then we were able to go home, even with Adam. The church ward here supported us so much while I was in the hospital. They took care of my family for me while I was there and they even brought over Christmas dinner for us, although I specifically asked them to not go to the trouble. We have been taken in like family here and it is nice. Adam is a healthy little chunk now and not being able to have any more kids is really a small price to pay for my sweet healthy boy, in my opinion, of course. Just keep your fingers crossed that his hair stays red!

5 comments:

househunter said...

What an adorable little guy!!!! That will be fun to have a redhead!

holley family said...

he's so cute. yes, i can't believe it's been a year already. i went to go buy her cake this year and it was going to be 28 bucks! so i ended up making one... i'm going to post pics of that soon... then you can make fun of it! HA! take care guys!we miss you.

Cheyenne said...

Redheads can be a handful! Olivia is more blonde now then red. I had no idea about your delivery and I'm glad everything's OK. I had to have a C-section, too, and was disappointed (and felt a little guilty) until I saw Olivia. You're right...they totally make it worth everything we go through!

AuntJean said...

Grandma Jean (Gloria & my mom) had auburn hair...just a hit of red and so did our Aunt Pearl. I just love red heads....:) Thanks for doing such a great job with this Blog. I still can't get the nerve to start one. I am not dependable when it comes to "journaling" on a regular basis....Aunt Jean

Mink News said...

great to see you guys. vive new mexico.