Thursday, June 19, 2008

So, this picture is not the clearest in the world because it's 4a.m. As you can possibly see, it's snowing. Guess the date? JUNE 5TH!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, it totally snowed about 3 inches June 5th. It wasn't actually freezing outside but since we're at such a high altitude it was freezing in the clouds above us. For an Alabama girl like me with virtually no snow experience, this completely blows my mind. I took pictures because I didn't think anyone would actually believe me if I just wrote about it. Crazy or what? Of course, it's now full-on summer weather and the kids can get sunburned in about 5 minutes. Application of sunscreen is just a part of the daily routine now.







This is a picture of Jeremy after he lost his first tooth. Finally, at 7 1/2 years old!! I think he was the last one in his class to lose a tooth. His permanent tooth had already started coming in behind it so we were glad to see that baby tooth come on out. One of my friends at church pulled it for him. She used to be a dental hygenist and she saw how lose it was. She asked Jeremy if she could pull it for him and he said sure so she grabbed it and told him to say "purple" and when he did she just yonked it right out. He wasn't even nervous or anything.

This is Meredith's birthday cake. She turned six on May 21st and we had a pizza party at our house with all of the neighborhood kids. It didn't have a particular theme. She just said she wanted a cake with "a mermaid sitting on a rock in the ocean with wings and butterflies flying around". I did the best I could with those specific instructions. The wings are just construction paper taped to the back of the mermaid doll (thank goodness we had one of those) and the butterflies are just drawn onto the rock, which is really a cake that had been baked in a small stainless steel mixing bowl. To make a long story short (too late) I think it turned out about as good as it could. She had a great day; my kids are growing up too fast, is anyone else having this problem?

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Snow, how fun! It's better in the winter though I think. Very cute cake. I really need to learn how to do that!