Monday, May 5, 2008

Sam is 4!!!!




Well, better late than never. Sam turned 4 last Sunday and I should have blogged right away, but life is life. I can't believe my baby is already 4 years old!! (I do still tend to think of him as my baby even though he's really not; actually I still think of all of my kids as babies.) Anyway, we had a pretty fun day. We don't do 'invite friends over parties' for our kids until they're 5, so it was just us and the Bishop's family, the Adams, because they live across the street and they have become practically family. Actually, they will be family after August 8th, when my brother David marries their daughter. (That's another blog!) The blonde haired guy in the picture with Sam is their son; Sam loves him. I made a froggie cake with a Twizzler tongue sticking out to catch a fly on a pond cake. It looked cuter in my head than it actually turned out, but everyone said it was cute. I am happy to report that I have finally gotten the hang of high altitude baking. Poor Jesse's birthday cake (when we had only lived here a couple of months) was only about 1 inch high in the middle. Sam's cake, though, turned out really nice and fluffy and moist and stuff. He got a basketball goal, Luigi's mansion (a videogame), a really cute net and bug holder thing, and a baseball glove. Also, the family that lives down the road that we go walking with every day came by and gave him a Spiderman toy. Jesse and I put up some decorations while he was asleep so that when he woke up he would see them and he pretty much stayed excited the whole day. Time flies when you're crazy. It seems only yesterday that we just had little Jeremy, who, by the way, will be 8 in just a few months. Some of Sam's favorite things: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (he would eat 3 times a day, no kidding), the color green, running, activities that involve running, his snow boots from Grandma Gloria (he wears those with everything, even to church), and getting dressed by himself. He is also about the cutest thing when he prays. He talks about everything that happened that day, complete with sound effects and stories. When he blesses meals, he specifically mentions the foods that he likes. We had a picnic the other day, and he was thankful for the chips 3 times. He is still a little guy; people at the store will ask me if he's 2. He also still baby talks alot and will still run away from me in public, which helps fuel the whole 'is he 2' thing. He is growing up fast, though. I am really enjoying my time with him. He never disappoints!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

WHAT? David is getting married? You can't just casually mention that with no details! Congrats!

Wow-it is so hard to believe Sam is 4. Happy Birthday! Love the cake.

mcamp said...

hi, i knew he had been dating someone there through Jessica but I wasn't sure if he was going to get married. Well tell him congrats for me.

I'm so weirded out by the fact that Jeremy will be 8 and that you already have 4 kids!! Goodness!

It sounds like everything is good with you. Thank you for writing on my blog. I will tell my mother hello for you.