OK, so I was going to download a picture to this post of a black widow spider off of the internet, but every picture I found said 'subject to copywright' and I'm not sure if I can just put it on my blog or not; please leave a comment about that if you know what's up.
Anyways, story goes: I'm getting ready for my daily walk and I put on my shoes. About 2 minutes later, I'm walking down the hall and I'm like, "Ow, there's a sticker in my shoe." We have tons of stickers out here. Yeah, you guessed it. I shook a pretty big black widow out of my shoe onto the floor. One of its legs was messed up and then I squished it to oblivion. It was big enough to retain its shape after said squishing, though, so I just put it outside on the porch to let Jesse check it out when he got home. There are also tons of black widow spiders out here. We've seen them about 50 times outside and about 5 inside. Well, I'm not feeling any pain or anything, so I call the clinic to see if they can tell me what the symptoms of a black widow spider bite are. They "have no idea". Those quotation marks mean that is EXACTLY what they said. Hooray for Gallup, New Mexico. So, I get online and find out that I probably won't die but might get really sick. However, nothing ever happened. I mean something poked me and it felt sharp and hurt but I'm totally fine. So it was either just the spider's leg poking me through my sock or an early Christmas miracle that everything turned out OK. The only 'symptom' I had was a serious case of the heebie-jeebies for a few hours after the bite/poke. I kept imagining that the left side of my body was tingling from the venom or something crazy like that. But, I'm really glad that I'm not in the hospital on a respirator because........Jesse had surgery yesterday for his hernia. Finally, it bothered him enough to get it fixed and while he is in a significant amount of pain, I know he'll feel so much better once he recovers. He might even be able to wear a belt with his pants again! Thanks to all of our friends' concerns about him; he did great in surgery and is doing fine now. We have some really great pictures of his insides, but I didn't scan them for the post. You're welcome.
P.S. We have a new rule in our house. Kids have to bring their shoes to Mom for spider checks before putting them on.
5 comments:
Pictures...I don't think it will be any breach of copyright if you put one up on the post, the problem is when you make money off the picture...glad you survived the black widow...glad Jesse survived surgery...and I like the new rule!
Katy,
So glad to hear you're ok. Spiders--aauugh!
Love ya!
Scary about the spider. Glad to hear Jesse fixed that dang hernia. I know he's had it for years.
So you guys are moving? New job? What's going on...if you don't care to elaborate.
And with the new GnR album. You can go to playlist.com and they have some of the tracks on there that you can listen to.
Katy! You are so lucky. When Kumen was bitten by a black widow on his hand, it was like flesh-eating venom! He still has a nasty dark place on his hand. Jesse is a trooper, but it was really weird to see him just laying around. He always has so much energy!! And so typical of Gallup....GOSH :)!!
Oh my goodness, Katy! Eek, I'M going to have a case of the heebie-jeebies now too! I loathe spiders with a passion. Glad Jesse made it through his surgery well and hope he gets well soon. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment