

Jeremy received his Bobcat badge and Citizenship belt loop last night at the pack meeting. Jesse and I are so proud of him!! It's fun when your kids start growing up and doing these kinds of things. Yes, he is the one in the bottom picture waving his neckerchief in excitement so you can't see his face. The only negative thing that happened last night? I told Jeremy to tuck in his scout shirt so he could wear his belt properly (to display his belt loop) and he said, "I really don't want to."
Me: "You have to"
Jeremy: "Your shirt isn't tucked in"
Me: "I just can't tuck my shirt in" (translation; I'm too fat to tuck my scout leader shirt in!!)
Jeremy: ........
Me: "OK, that's fair, leave your shirt out."
Jolly Mom not so jolly about that. Not necessarily a life-changing moment, just me realizing that my attitude is not as cool as I'm able to make it sound on paper. So, I'm going to start trying to be more healthy. Exercising daily. I do NOT have a weight loss goal; that only makes me depressed. I'm just trying to be a good example to my kids. I'm really sorry to anyone that I've let down in my whole I'm-taking-back-what-I-said-about-it's-so-awesome-to-be-fat-thingy. As for Jesse? He'll still like me if I'm smaller; he said he's just crazy about me no matter what. Awwwww. Edward whatever.
ANYWAY, this post is really about how proud we are of Jeremy and his achievements. Mine and Jeremy's goal is to have his Wolf badge requirements completed before we move so he can work on arrow points before he starts his Bear stuff. I'll keep you all updated!
9 comments:
Yay, Jeremy! Good for him. We are so proud of our nephew! We've also been trying to eat healthier and exercise. We've both lost weight already, and not only that, but we feel better overall during the day! So stick with it Katy! We love you all!
Congrats Jeremy!
What a good mom to be so encouraging!
We actually live closer to Mexico than anything else, but I would have loved to get together with you.
Good Job, Jeremy! Cub Scouts is so cool, you go for that Arrow of Light!! Katy, there just comes a time when shirts look better NOT tucked in, I don't care what your weight is! Some people should adhere to that rule, I think.
hey there!
i found your page on the Cothrans so thought to swing by and springle some aloha on your beautiful page...anyway i hope i wont get addicted to this thing now lol....
see you around...
much aloha
islandmommy
omg! can you belive that i'm on this bogging almost the whole day lol..talk about addict lol...i try not to get addicted tho but seems like i'm already am...anyway you are a beautiful person so don't think like that your a beautiful woman outside and inside...but yeah i'm glad that i finally figure it out how to do this blogging thingy lol..anyway Katy i will talk to you later...
much aloha
hi there!..
yeah finally i figured out how to do it (kind of)..anyway i'm studying my lesson for Sunday and surfing on the blog at the same time...but thanks for stoppin by my blog..
much aloha
awesome job jeremy! and way to go katy, figuring out things... the point is to be happy with your body no matter what, BUT to be healthy in your body too! there's a hard balance... i'm having serious issues with that too!
Congrats for Jeremy getting his Bobcat!
Wow girl, yes, I would be very interested in hearing what's up in your neck of the woods...and you are the only person besides myself who seemed to have a bad week last week...everyone else had a good week...blah...
Post a Comment