Friday, January 9, 2009

Our Great Christmas

Our favorite present: the XBox 360.

Jeremy's favorite present: XBox 360

Sam's favorite present: bike and his own Gameboy

Meredith's favorite present: Princess TV--it's pink and has a crown on top with a remote control that looks like a wand!!! So cute.

Adam's favorite present: wrapping paper and bows, but he did get some toys

This Christmas was really great. We got to spend a lot of time with David and Jill and her family. All of the above pictures were taken in front of their tree because I thought it was prettier than ours! 'Course you can't really see the tree in the pictures, but whatever. Our kids got a lot of good gifts from Santa and family. Jesse and I were very blessed with several gifts of money for Christmas, hence we could help Santa out with presents. Jesse and I noticed that this year Jeremy and Meredith asked for just a couple of bigger more expensive things as opposed to just 'Barbie' stuff , 'pony' stuff , Spiderman or Power Rangers. They are growing up (like I didn't realize that!) We worried that we might be over-spoiling them, but they are such good kids and always willing to share and think of others. Even though it's super easy to get caught up in the presents, my kids can always tell you immediately what the season is a celebration of. They even know the actual birthday is April 6 (I wonder if that's ever come up in school!). Jesse and I concluded that we might be spoiling them, but we're OK with that. Anyway, thanks to 4 snow days the last week of school in December, we had a total of 3 weeks off for the holidays, which was so great. We'll probably regret it later when we have to go to school the first few days of June, but for the time being, it was so nice to have all of the time off to relax. I played Lego Indiana Jones so much that when I close my eyes, I see little Lego figures blowing up in my head. Awesome.

7 comments:

holley family said...

we really love our lego star wars! ya gotta try it!

Jessica said...

You have seriously cute kids! Those smiles are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your Christmas favorites.

The Bozemans said...

It was a really good Christmas. We were soooooooooooo happy to see all of you. Your kids are sweeter everytime we see them, and deserve to be spoiled at every available opportunity! We love you!

The Cothrans said...

There's nothing wrong with spoiling our love ones whenever there's a chance!! I personally love doing that!? Looks like your kids had a great Christmas and were so happy, how fun!

Anonymous said...

Katy! You are so funny! You're blogs just crack me up :). So flattered about the tree thing, but the kids' faces outshine everything!! You look really beautiful in the picture of you and Jesse. Love ya!

Caroline said...

looks like a super fun Christmas! Love the picture of Meredith!

islandmom1180 said...

aloha Katy!
just wanted to springle some Red Rock Ave love on your page...I don't know if you can comment on my page now...anyhoot! talk to you soon..

much mahal...