






These pictures tell a story. A story of a perfect day in the life of Jesse. This past week was our 1st Spring Break. (explanation: we get 2 weeks of Spring Break, which was accidentally scheduled during some important testing so we had to split them up; our next Spring Break is last week of April) Jesse wanted to do something fun, which of course means something outside, uncomfortable and at least 2 of the 4 kids crying. Oh, and also it's no fun if you don't have an opportunity to die at least, like, 3 times. So we went off to the canyon to explore; this is where Jesse grew up as a boy and where he has his fondest memories. (Yes he almost died on several occasions as a boy as well) He therefore wants to spend a good bit of time here before we move, which, by the way, is only 3 months away! So, when he decided to 'surf' on some ice plates in the creek; I just watched with the calmness of a wife who has been married to this kind of guy for 13 years and..............what else am I going to do? I can offer no scientific, sufficient reason for him not to do these things. He is too smart for that and always has a better argument than me. Then he'll quote a scripture to back himself up and it's over. It would be pretty annoying if he wasn't so smokin' hot. Anyways, back to the ice plates. He said take pictures, so I did. When he fell through the freezing water up to his chest and screamed like a woman, I was there for him------with the camera. So am I a good wife or what? He had the best time that day. On the way home, "Man, that was fun!!" (Jesse said that, not me) Jesse's perfect day.
8 comments:
Haha! Good ole' Jesse! I wish I could have heard him scream like a woman... oh, wait, I HAVE heard him scream like a woman, haha. David and I went ice fishing the other day; how Jesse would've loved that! But our ice was like 8 inches thick, so Jesse wouldn't have fallen through. We're glad you're so patient Katy! We love you all and hopefully we'll see you soon!
Ha! love the pictures! ugh, we miss you guys!
so i was telling brad of this story and ended up showing him instead... he really enjoyed it too. he says to tell jesse hey for him. take care katie!
Thank you for sharing. You are a very patient woman Katy, and I love the way you write. Maybe Jesse's thrill seeking won't affect the children too badly:) I mean, maybe they got more of your common sense than his thrill seeking.
That sounds just like Jesse! You are a good woman to handle that stuff! I guess we all put up with one thing or another but then again, they put up with us, too:)
Don't I know, it Valoree, I'm not exactly easy to live with either; maybe I should do a blog about that!
This is the Jesse we all know and love! I am going to show Eric when he gets home. He will get a kick out of this! Jesse you are a one and only!
Eric says, "Don't use this DANGEROUS story for an example in a job interview!" He was not surprised at all. It's the Jesse we know and love.
Post a Comment