Wednesday, April 29, 2009

leave of absence

Well, we're counting down.............4 weeks left after this week. I'm pretty busy with de-junking, packing, and setting up all of those things that are necessary for the move. We're going to the Mobile, AL area. We're really excited about it. We should be settled in by mid-June and then I'll let everyone know our new address and phone number via mass e-mail. So, I'll basically be taking a leave of absence from blogging and all things extracurricular for a while. I'll post some pictures when I 'get back' to my blog of our last New Mexico adventures and some events like Sam's birthday (he's 5 now!!!) and Meredith's, which is coming up (she will be 7!!!) Anyway, lots of exciting things are happening now around our house. One of the most exciting is that since we didn't go anywhere for either of our Spring Breaks, we purchased Guitar Hero World Tour. Forgive me for just a minute: I am so completely awesome at this game. I have beat it twice in a week and I'm totally doing expert on a lot of songs. Jesse just sits there and watches me and says stuff like, "You've got to be kidding me," or "I don't believe it!" or my personal favorite, ".......................". He and this other guy from church were watching me play this past weekend and they were both like, "I've never seen anybody's fingers move so fast." I love it. It's not often that I'm better than Jesse in a game, much less a cool one. Yeah, well, I beat it before he did. So go tell all of your gaming friends that your friend Katy, mother of four, is a Guitar Hero champion. I'll talk to you all soon!!

6 comments:

The Cothrans said...

Way to go girlfriend!!!

holley family said...

hey brad's mom live in mobile, off of airport blvd and university? i think? anyways, we're counting down too! wanna come up for 4th of july for our firework stuff and dinner?

The Bozemans said...

Yeah, you're awesome at Guitar Hero...on bass.
When we visited last week, Jeremy wanted to play but you wouldn't let him and Jeremy complained that you were only playing bass anyway and that he should be able to play. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha!! You wouldn't let Jeremy play? Poor kids :). Yeah, Hayden came home and said, "Katie must have been practicing while I was gone." Did you guys find a house?

Elizabeth said...

I am TOTALLY taking you up on that offer!

Laura said...

I heard that Guitar Hero is really cool! I don't know that much about it but I'm proud of you!