Yeah, I still blog and stuff. There hasn't been much to tell lately. The kids are doing well in school. Meredith is taking a little longer to adjust than Jeremy or Sam but she is coming along. I still feel just a little bit unsettled but better than I was when we first moved here. Jesse has a job now and he really likes it. He's teaching math and physics at a local private prep school. He really likes it and is just really, really happy to be employed again. The last 3 months have been stressful at times! Since we had to start the kids at the school that my parents were zoned for (because we were living with them at the time) we have rented a house in the same zone so they wouldn't have to be interrupted in the middle of the year. But we don't know if we'll stay here or move to the actual town that Jesse's job is in, which is 30 minutes away. The church is also in this town so it makes sense to move there, BUT if we stay where we are then my parents can be super involved with the kids in school, we'll only be 2 minutes from them and it's also a little cheaper here 'cause the town is smaller. The kids would have to go to a different school system if we moved but both systems are good. ANYWAY, now that you know the boring details of our life..............hey, better boring than tragic or catastrophic, right? I really hate moving; I don't know why we always seem to do it so much. I'm extremely tempted to just stay put in this house for several more years but when our lease is up in August, we might try to buy just because it's such a good time to do that. Just the thought of packing up AGAIN is gross.
In other kid related news...........Adam is talking some now; he'll tell us if he's stinky and say 'drink' and 'mom' and 'dad' and MINE!!! and other various stuff. Sam is doing so much better in Kindergarten than I imagined. He had his first field trip a couple of weeks ago; they went to the bay and drug a net through and then looked at the stuff they found. He got to see crabs, fish and other little treasures. He was one of the better behaved kids on the trip and I was like, "Wow, I shouldn't have worried." Those of you who remember Sam when he was 3 can proceed to marvel. Meredith's teacher recommended her for the gifted program but expressed concern about her ability to be able to complete the test due to a lack of focus. I have always had to stand over her when she does her homework and make sure she does every single thing she's supposed to do and in school she has a hard time not getting distracted. She's not a behavior problem, though, so we just have to keep working with her on this daydreaming thing she's got going on......without squashing the creativity that comes from said daydreaming. Jeremy is still a great student. His mind is so logical it's hilarious sometimes. He's getting so grown up and I can get choked up if I let myself. We've recently had conversations about sex, the 'F' word, homosexuality, and how to not exclude people who are different from you. Fun times, folks. But I love the person he's growing into and even though these subjects take some time getting used to, Jesse and I believe in honestly answering our children's questions and making sure that they are properly educated in these things as opposed to letting his peers do it for us. (shudder)
If you have read this entire post, you must really like me or be bored. But I hope you enjoyed it just the same.
9 comments:
Of course we like you!
I read it cause I really like you! Any plans to visit Tuscaloosa soon?
So glad you and the family are doing great!
So glad to hear from you! Post more often and pictures too! Interesting conversations at your house. If I could be a fly on the wall...
I really like you too! We miss you!
I read the whole thing, but because I like you! We JUST got home from Alabama. Literally about 15 minutes ago. We miss you so much already! I had a great time, and Alabama was gorgeous. Remember the gators? I was screaming with excitement louder than the kids! We love you all! Or, rather, "ya'll"! =)
So glad things are going great!! I am so proud of Sam, and hope that Meredith can get focused. So funny with Jeremy, yes, good that they hear it from you, if not first, at least they heard it from you. So, when are you coming to visit?
I was so happy to find a new post :) I'm glad you are doing well and adjusting to the move. I feel your pain about your children growing up. I have been longing for simpler days of toddlerhood. Okay, maybe not simpler, but a lot less worry filled.
Welcome home! Meredith kind of reminds me of myself. I daydreamed a lot, too, because I got bored. She sounds like a genius to me ;)
I like you too Katy! Wow, I don't look forward to having those talks one day but eventually it will happen. I agree with doing it before they become "educated" by their peers.
Oh, I know, isn't that video HILARIOUS!? I have watched it like 20 times now, and it is just as funny...a really great pick me up...
Post a Comment