Tuesday, October 19, 2010
The Return of the Jolly Mom
OK you know what? I do not even have a picture of myself since I have started running. I will have to remedy that. However, it doesn't really matter because I don't look that different. You heard me, I went from couch potato to running for 30 minutes straight 3x a week and in 4 months I have managed to lose 15 pounds and drop one jeans size. Well, I know that's better than nothing and I suppose some of you are probably thinking, Holy Cow get your thyroid checked. I will have to wait for more financially blessed days to do that. So I officially announce the return of the Jolly Mom. My body obviously resents the fact that I am trying to do away with the extra fluff that helps contribute to my 'great personality'. I did try to be sneaky about it, too. I told myself and everyone else that I wasn't doing it to be skinnier; I just wanted to be healthy. All women who say this lie. I honestly do want to be more healthy but I also want to look good on Jesse's arm out in public. My body was not fooled, though. I think that even though it was tormented with exercise and proper food intake, it still heard all of the kids' commotion and was like, 'who do you think you are, jolly mom? you WILL look like you had four children.' So Jolly Mom, rock on.....er roll on. I mean, isn't it unrealistic for everyone to be hot? There needs to be some balance. What would happen to people's opinion of the church if there were no more Relief Society arms? I will not let this happen. Well, my body won't. It's like you get to have your cake and eat it too. Wait, no, I'm sorry. I'm just gonna eat it. So fast that it's like I never had it. I might even stash some extra pieces in my arms. Is this the end of running and attempting to eat right? Not at all, and maybe one day, if I go to the doctor and find out that I need medication so be it. I suppose in a year's time I might even manage to lose a couple more pounds. But for the time being, Jolly Moms unite........just not all on the same side of the picnic bench.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
lol...great post, Katy! I am starting to run too...just a couple of times a week, and it's more Like I run for 30 seconds and stop because I am dying for O2, but still...hopefully I will get to the 1 minute mark...
Haha! Your personality shines through your posts and it makes me miss you! This post was hilarious, and so true! "I just want to be healthy." Yeah, right! Everyone wants to be skinny. Just skinny. And 15 pounds in four months is great! That's about how quickly I lost weight (or unquickly I guess). Love you!
Post a Comment