Thursday, November 25, 2010
Life in New Mexico
Is fantastic. Jesse is enjoying his job, we love being back in the Thoreau Ward, we love the land, the people and the kids are doing great in school. Everything is just falling into place and after the last few months it feels like heaven. I have lost 7 pounds in the three weeks I've been here and I haven't really been trying or anything; I think I am just not as stressed and I'm able to sleep better. We learned invaluable lessons in Alabama that I think really prepared us to better serve out here. I miss my family and Alabama at times, of course, but I am overwhelmed with the knowledge that we are where we are supposed to be. We had a great holiday today and Jesse had today off and has tomorrow off as well. We went to town and took the kids out to eat last night and it just feels sooo nice to be able to do stuff like that again. I am feeling motivated to do stuff again that I haven't felt motivated to do in a long time like scrapbook, sew and other domestic type things that I had just lost interest in. I am trying to make this year memorable for me and Adam as it is his (probably) last year home with me; we are pretty sure we will put him in preschool next year. Since the kids are back in the reservation schools and we have the ability to choose our teachers, we put Meredith back in school because she could have the super awesome teacher that Jeremy had. Jesse and I were pretty worried about her because her experience here before was not good. She got off the bus and said, 'this was the best day ever!' and we could have cried we were so happy. She is liking school again! She is also in Girl Scouts and Jeremy is in Cub Scouts and we are getting into the swing of life again. We went to Albuquerque and drove by the temple and went to the bookstore and it was super nice. I love Albuquerque. Anyways, I am so overwhelmed with gratitude for our blessings. I cannot express my appreciation to everyone who thought of us and prayed for us; it was one of the most difficult struggles that we have had to date and we learned a lot but are glad it's over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad that things are better for yall!
I am so happy you guys are doing well! What a blessing! Carlos (my hubby) is from New Mexico and we are going out there soon, I am so excited!
So glad everything seems to be going so much better for you!!!
YAY! I almost cried reading this post, Katy. I am SO HAPPY for you and your sweet little family. Thoreau really is a wonderful place to raise a family; just ask my parents! We are both SO SO HAPPY for you!
I didn't realize you were back in New Mexico. Congrats on the job for Jesse. I know what a relief that must've been for all of you. So glad to hear Meredith is doing so well.
Post a Comment