Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cats



So Cats came to Albuquerque and opened last night. I wasn't expecting to get to go but a good friend of mine accidentally ordered 2 pairs of tickets instead of just 2 tickets. So Meredith and I got to go; I was pretty excited to take her. I have never seen this musical; I had only heard some of the music. I have always always always loved the song 'Memory.' Plus I just really want the kids to always be around stuff like this. I grew up being exposed to the arts and living out here I have to make the extra effort since we don't have many things like this close by. I wondered if Meredith would really get into it or not and she did get a little fidgety towards the end (it started at 8 pm which is usually her bedtime) but she declared it was awesome! Now I am even more motivated to take the kids to some performances and things this summer and I am hoping I can find stuff like that to do at USA in Mobile while we are visiting. Great night with some great friends!!

No comments: