Friday, December 23, 2011

Life Lately



I am just going to bypass the not-unique excuses that I have for not posting regularly. So here we go. So obviously we have gotten a ton of snow lately. It's like free outdoor play equipment. I don't even mind the mud and snow tracked into the house and the freezing temps. At least the kids are getting outside. It's awesome! Since the temps won't melt the snow we will actually have a White Christmas; a novelty for us Alabama folk.

Life lately has been pretty good to me, considering. I got a job teaching preschool at the elementary school here at Thoreau. I absolutely positively LOVE my job. I feel so blessed to get to see my kids and have the same days off that they do. I decided to go back to school to get a second Master's; this one will be in Elementary Education K-8 certified with endorsements in music and psychology (psychology is totally thrown on there because I already have a Master's in that field and I may one day lose my mind and try to get a job teaching social science in mid-school or something). I will be starting classes in January.

We moved into the teacherage, which is housing that the schools out here build for teachers since this is such a rural area--there are not apartments or houses readily to rent. We have a great place for cheap and we are very happy to be over here.

I suppose my new job and moving are the most major changes I have had since I last posted. As for the kids, Adam started preschool and is of course one of the wildest kids in his class (I'm not his teacher). It would be like if I had started Sam or Jeremy in preschool when they were 3 1/2. Kind of a semi-disaster. I didn't have a choice with Adam but he is already starting to calm down and since my older three kids are so good everyone knows it's just him and not crappy parenting on my part. That's just how the Lawrence boys are. Crazy and wild and then in between the ages of 4 and 5 a switch flips and they calm down. Adam just recently turned 4 so I wait for this patiently.

I have actually been surprised by who has come forward and shown me support in this time. I guess this will sound dramatic but I have also been surprised at who hasn't. It was painful at first but a year after Jesse's and mine decision to separate, I am finally not afraid to be alone. And I am truly alone. However, my children have found a even larger place in my life than before, if that makes sense. They are absolutely my focus and love. I think that they are amazing, even when everyone in Walmart knows we left the store. Even in church when I am playing piano and they are sitting by themselves in the pew being insane. I have the best kids in the world.

I am also going to make an attempt to keep this blog up. Wish me luck.








1 comment:

Sara said...

Just catching up on my blog reading. Loved your resolutions for the year and I'm glad you are going to try to update your blog more often. I can understand how difficult it can be...but I love seeing what is going on with you and your family. Good luck in all your pursuits this year!