Thursday, August 14, 2008

David's wedding


David and Jill after the reception





Jesse spilled some water on the floor and then he told
Jeremy to wipe Sam's head in it. I, being the doting Mom
that I am, took pictures before I stopped it. Sam was, of
course, screaming.



I have been extremely busy lately. I have lots of stuff to post about; my trip to Alabama, Jeremy's baptism among other things. However, I'm going to do it one event at a time since I'm sure that my life will quickly return to its normal mundane state soon enough. I will start my catch up posts with my brother David's wedding. We spent two days in Mesa, Arizona for the wedding and then drove back to New Mexico for the reception. We were really impressed with Mesa. It's a beautiful and clean city. We also went to a DI thrift store for the first time ever. It was great!!! The sealing ceremony was so wonderful; Jesse and I were both impressed with the Sealer and what he said to David and Jill. They will have a wonderful life together. It's always so refeshing to see a young couple in love, don't you think? I've been asked by several people just how old she is; I guess her pictures in my previous blog show her young age. She is 10 years younger than David, which means, yes, she is only 18. A lot of people in our families have not taken their age difference so well and I don't fault them for it. However, Jesse and I saw their romance develop and it was completely appropriate and inspired. We truly feel that one of the reasons that we felt we should move here was for David to meet Jill. When they first met, they didn't even consider each other a possibility for dating but David got to be good friends with her family and her parents LOVED David and said that they would be thrilled with him dating their daughter. She is so perfect for him and he is absolutely nuts about her. They have had (and will have, I'm sure) their fair share of nasty comments and looks about the age thing, but I respect them for doing what the Lord wanted them to do in spite of what everybody else (except for her family and us) said. So I respectfully ask that any negative comments not be left here because I am nothing but happy for them. Anyways, I think my pictures came out a little dark (I had a dying flash battery). Pay attention to her dress. I don't think you can see all of the detail but she MADE it. It was amazing!!

2 comments:

mcamp said...

Congrats to David! I wish I could've been there to support him and I am happy for him.

I must say when I first found out about the age thing I was a little what? But I found it humorous at the same time because he said he would never become one of those guys who date someone so much younger. Love is love.

Caroline said...

How sweet! David looks so happy! It is so good to see him that way! Who cares about the age thing!