So school is almost out and I remember that I have a blog. I go to check it and see that, yep, my blog is still Christmas-y. So, anyways even though I am on Facebook and stuff I still like to blog, too. Let you all know what is going on with my uber interesting life besides for little quips here and there. Yeah, I'm just kidding my life isn't very interesting but still; I feel the need to write about it. I have been steadily taking and completing classes for my Master's in Psychology; should be done later this year with a total school time of right under two years. What I hope to do with this is to take the exam to become a New Mexico state licensed counselor and also take a couple of extra classes here at the local university and then also sit for the test to be qualified as a school psychologist. I am currently working on submitting resumes/applications to all of the local community colleges for adjunct teaching positions. ALSO, I am keeping my eye open for elementary teaching positions since my undergrad degree qualifies me to apply even though it's not elementary ed; this is because they need teachers out here on the rez, yo. Well, normally they do. Got some major cutbacks going on right now so we will just see. I may just keep subbing which I am happy to do.
My kids are really growing up!! Jeremy, Meredith and Sam only have two days left in the 4th, 2nd grades and Kindergarten. I have put Adam on the list for next year's pre-K 3 class. Yay!! Adam, unlike my older three at that age, is very ready for school and it is convenient since I have to work anyway; his readiness alleviates the guilt that I would feel.
Anyways, here's hoping for more consistent updated blog posts. Please, please, contain your excitement. Seriously, I promise I will be more interesting as time progresses.
2 comments:
Hi Katy...........so yeah, sorry about that........I haven't blogged in months either!! But now we both have new posts, we must comment on each other's because no one else knows we're alive!! I loved your post and getting to know some things about you I didn't know before, such as your future plans!! You go girl!!
Hey Katy,
My friends son was just called to the NM Farmington Mission. Is that the mission you live in?
email me at lkhaines(at)hotmail.com
I'd love to get more info for her. She is super excited. He's her first of ten (yes, ten) children!
Post a Comment